Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The couch



When we got married (almost 7 years ago) the first thing we bought (actually before we were married) was our beloved green couch. It was choosen with much care and MUCH conversation. Rich wasn't sure he wanted color in our house and I couldn't imgane living without it. It has been a good couch to us. We have sat on everyday of married life. When Crewe was a newborn I slept many nights on the couch holding the tiny bundle. My mom sleeps on the couch as a makeshift bed when she visits. It has been good to us. About 4 months ago the couch DIED!!!! It went from looking a "little worn" to looking "a little white trash".

The couch frame broke and then the fabric tore. It was all very sad.Then we bought a new couch a little over 6 weeks ago. It finally came today. (and now for some reason I can't attach the new pics...will work on later). So my pregnancy hormones are kicking in and I am finding myself very happy for the new couch. AND very sad to say goodbye to the green couch. I won't let Rich move the green couch out tonight. Not yet, not time for goodbye.

9 comments:

jody said...

Anxious to see the new chouch and the little munchkin that is in the picture

*ethan* said...

oh i made out with nat on that couch the first night i was in utah when i got home from my mission.... that is my story that i would tell at your couches funeral. But on a happier note i like your new couch,even though not on the blog but i did see it in the ol'email

brittany said...

hey, i sat on that couch many nights myself. i agree it was a good couch. i went through the same thing with our denim couch, it too had turned a little "white trash", it's so sad when that happens. but i can't wait to see pics of the new one.

{natalie} said...

haha, i'm cracking up over ethan's comment! it's a true story.

time to ring in the new year w/a cool red couch. you will grow to love it and have fun memories on that couch too. here's an idea: you and rich break in the new couch with a little love making.

jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

the couch is still in my house. It was raining last night, i couldn't leave it outside. Thanks for the all fond memories of the green couch!!!

jody said...

STOPPPPP...no hot monkey love I am coming to town

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

GROSS!!!!! TOO MUCH INFO!!!

brittany said...

are you going to post pics of the new one? can't wait to see it.