Monday, December 31, 2007
I love talking with my friends and family about the gifts they received for Christmas. I think it always interesting to see the things they have wanted, hoped for or are annoyed that they got.You learn many things. Here is a little ditty to prove my point. My sister-in-law, Crissie, told me that she wanted this eye cream that really expensive. WHAT? I didn't know that she liked expensive girl treats. Me TOO!!! Dave complained about the price, so she went and bought it herself. YES!
I like giving gifts so much that I think it is also great to talk about the gifts that you got. Give praise to the giver. I received MANY wonderful gifts (so no emails if your gift isn't listed. I LOVED it). Here is small sampling of my booty. Praise you giver!!!Beijo Bags. My new bag is technically purple. Purple/brown. I LOVE it. I am taking it out for a spin this afternoon.
Panini press. A Cuisinart delight. Let's be honest. They are fancy grilled cheese sandwiches but my family thinks I am an amazing cook.
I loved Gone With The Wind as a teenager. My bedroom at home still has my plate collection on the wall. I am looking forward this new book.
All gift certificates. I love them. My brother-in-law bought me a big one to Cheesecake Factory. Yeah. My in-laws got a ton of small ones to my favorite girls night out restaurants. I-tunes card in my stocking and a Outback gift card (technically, that one is Rich's but who is counting.....)
Movie tickets. Movies are butt expensive here but you can buy passes at Costco for a discounted price. It saves me almost $4 a ticket. I received 8 movie tickets.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
I hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday Season. And if you are not here, you are missed.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
The kids were both so tired and fell asleep in the car as soon we put got back to it. (Actually, we had borrowed our friends baby backpack and Dayne had fallen asleep on Rich's back.) So we drove to the other side of town to look for a cupcake bakery we had read about. I also got to go to a Paper Source while the kids slept. After everyone woke up, we went to a That Takes the Cake. SO GOOD.
We finished the day off my heading down to the Marina and feeding the birds. Yes, Crewe was feeding the birds a $2.75 cupcake.
Best. The. BEST. day. I love my family and I loved spending the day with them. Thanks guys.
Friday, December 07, 2007
1. wrapping paper. I usually do purple & silver but this year I am doing black and silveror ?
2. Fake or real tree?- Fake tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? this year we are not having a tree. However, my inlaws got their tree up already and my parents will have a tree when we get to MT.
4. When do you take the tree down? Last year I was so pregnant and sick (of course) that I didn't get the tree down until the 15th'ish of January. By then, I HATED the tree!!!
5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My stuffed dog, Ralph Jr.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I think it is time to have a family one so my kids can experience it.
8. Hardest person to buy for? my brother Aaron...
9. Easiest person to buy for? My mom. Lots of things remind me of her.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The least exciting one, I received last year. It is too close to talk about so lets say......I hate receiving money.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Email cards??? I would hate that. We send out cards. Remember we have a new address- email me if you don't have it.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I like any movie that takes place during Christmas. it doesn't have to be a "Christmas" movie.
13. When do you start shopping for November?
14. Have you ever regifted a Christmas present? yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at the soup we have on Christmas Eve. So good. This year I was Cream of mushroom and my dad's chili.?
16. White lights or colored on the tree? White
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blizten But do you recall....Rudolph (wouldn't it suck to have the name Blizten?)
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents or morning? Christmas morning. I would be so sad to have of all Christmas gift giving over before it even began
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Everyone always saying how busy they are!
23. What I love most about I love it all. Family, Christmas lights, shopping for gifts and the chance to talk so much about the Savior.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Dirty Sexy Money. Rich and I watch this show together. One of few. Very smart, entertaining and kind of dark. But so good.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
It is a special club that meets around the holidays and homecomings. Unless you live in Billings....then the special club meets once a month. What haven't you ever heard of a May Day Parade and The-Dog-Licked-Himself Parade?
I LOVE PARADES. I love scoping out a spot (although, I never slept on the street to save my spot, I have had MANY friends that have done this for the 4th of July Parade in Provo). I like kicking back in my chair or the the curb and listening the the pre-parade noise. THEN it starts.....I like the bands, the floats and all the candy throwing (does anyone remember the time Natalie took out a small child while diving for a couple of tootsie rolls?). MOSTLY, I love to shout things at a parade.
"Way to GO!"
"You're Queen of WHAT ?!*&%"
"Does that count as a FLOAT?"
"I could have made that."
Why do people always wear dumb hats in parades? Another post.......
*no pictures of Baby Dayne. She stayed home with John and AJ. She had her shots on Saturday. And since I suck, she had to get 5 shots. (We missed her 6 month check up). It was better to leave the cry-dog at home.
Saturday, December 01, 2007
I have been having a hard time lately. I have been trying to think of a way to feel better. It hit me this morning. My kids. They will help. So this week I am going to post everyday, (I Hope), about my kids. All good things. All fun things. Maybe that will help.....