We had a rocky start getting ready for church today. Dayne has not been napping for the past 2 days. Grrr! This morning she was finally asleep and so we waited (and waited) for her to wake up. Dayne got up, drank a bottle, changed her clothes and she was ready. Doesn't she look cute?
This is how Crewe felt about the whole thing!
* Wish us luck. Our sweet boy is having dental surgery tomorrow. He will be put to sleep for about 2 hours and then need to recover for about 2 hours. Plus the hospital in in San Francisco. So we will come home in at the end of the day. One Long Day.
If you had any type of superficial conversation with me this summer (who didn't?) then you know I was suffering from MAJOR t.v. depression. Gilmore Girls (seven years I've been loyal) ended. Veronica Mars, abruptly got the rug pulled out from it. And Grey's Anatomy, oh the drain you were starting to circle. If you recall, I HATED the second 1/2 of the season not to mention, the final show of the season. I blogged about, emailed about it and chatted with anyone who would listen.
*note to self- get a life!
But until then.....here is my rundown from last night.
Hate Alex's big hair and his facial hair (And I love Hairy men). I think they were trying to make him appear older, more mature, not so assish, ect...
My feelings are still conflicted about the derek/merdith issue. I guess I am happy about the end of them not being so final.
Lame. Lame. Deer surgery. Thank goodness for dvr and the ability to fast forward. Oh, George and "the love"- Double barf and not believable.
I like the new sister.
The original interns having interns.....not sure if I like this path. Overall, I was more pleased than I thought I would be. I guess, I will continue to watch and make blogs about it. So look head people, TV is back!
FYI. I mostly read this summer but I did check out a few random shows. I discovered a great show. The new Adventures of the Old Christine. Well, at least one episode. I have it on my dvr and I watch EVERY week. And laugh, and laugh and laugh and laugh....you get the idea. Check it out.
Look at my what my friend, Trieste, brought me this morning. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag. She made it! It made me so happy to have a new cute bag. Check out her website,www.triesteprusso.com. (she also has a blog and an etsy shop) Thanks, friend!
What have we been up to this week:1. My children have been getting up ASS early. There is no other way to describe it. It is awful. I am thinking of refusing to acknowledge daylight savings at the end of October. It will be too hard to change my kids. We will be known as Arizona.
2. I made these cookies. Oatmeal with pecans. The recipe is from www.thepioneerwomanwhocooksalotofreallyfreakinstuff.com (can't remember her exact blog). Then I decided that we didn't need all of the cookies, so we made plates and delivered them to friends and family.
3. I have not touched a book in almost a month. However, I did read this month's Vanity Fair. I want to be smart enough to care about the magazine but I need more fluff. I do always love the cover story.
4. Rich signed us up to go on the ward camping trip. (Quit laughing.) I have heard a rumor that camping involves the outdoors. Ewww! On Friday, Rich ended up working and working and by the time he got home the camping trip was looking more like a "camping night". We drove up to the campgrounds and were ALMOST there when it started to rain. To make a boring story short, we came home and let Crewe sleep in a sleeping bag on his floor.
Note*Crewe was in his bed by 11pm. Even sleeping on the floor in your own house SUCKS!
5. We watched "Year of Dogs" tonight. Suck-a-roni. Suck-a-roo. Stay far away from the this movie. And I like Molly Shannon and DOGS. Puke!
But to end on a good note, I did like watching the movie with Rich.
Dayne had to wake up to join in the fun day at the River.
We go to this magical place called "The Delta", "The River" or "The Cabin". We love it and spend most weekends there from May until Oct. It is so wonderful. Here is what a day can look like at the river. Won't you join us? Here we are at the dock. Steve and Rich are loading up the boat. Turn around and take a little look at the cabin. It is small and simple but a perfect place to lay around at the end of the day. There is also a great deck for BBQ'ing and eating fudge bars.
Let's go get on the boat. Today we will travel light but usually we bring snacks, water, beach toys and sometimes our floats.
Dayne is ready for the boat. She is not sure if she likes the wind when we go fast but she is learning.
Captian Crewe at the wheel.
We are at the beach. It is not the sandy beaches of Hawaii but Crewe never complains.
Boys at the beach. We are known for setting up chairs and umbrellas so we can stay for awhile at the beach. I have also been found reading a book laying on the docked boat while beach playing is going on.
Cute boys on the boat.
Swimming or taking a drink.
Time to wake board. You can watch from the beach or ride on the boat.
Yes, that is Crewe AND Richard.
We planned on ordering in from the local Mexican restaurant but our kids were too tired. So we headed home early (usually be come home right at bed time so they will fall asleep on the way). No sunburns today. It was quite day. A good day. A great day.
I do this dumb thing. I am so tired of it. Ok, here is the deal. I don't acknowledge things. It is like I act clueless. I'm not dumb or clueless. So why do I do it? Here are a few examples:
1. At dinner the other night (with my mom's group) I let someone call me "Angie" all night.
2. When my friend brought a book over for me to read, I pretended that I had never read it before. Although I had and it sucked.
3. When someone is going on and on about a new movie, that I have seen, I don't speak up and admit that I have seen it.
Why do I do this?
I feel like it is awkward to correct people. I know who they are talking to.
I think it is easier to just listen to a book review than stop people cold by saying, "ALREADY READ IT!!!".
And the movie thing, well, I don't want people to know how many movies I get to see. After all, I am a busy mom with small children and a working husband. When do I find the time? I don't want to explain that I love movies, they are my escape and that I go to a lot of 10:45pm movies after my family is in bed. (and bite me!)
BUT NO MORE!
My name is A.S.H.L.E.Y. and last week, I saw, The Nanny Diaries. And YES, I did read that book.
First day of preschool. Crewe is modeling his new shoes and he insisted on wearing that long sleeve shirt. (It was a hot day).
The Magic School Bus dropped by these treats on our doorstep. They were waiting for Crewe in the morning, Surprise.
Crewe got all cranky on the way there. He kept saying, "I'm not ready to do projects." Once he was there was so totally fine. He will love it. I had to stay for a parents meeting so Thursday will be his first solo day.
Baby dayne went over to john and aj's house. No preschool for babies.