Friday, February 01, 2008

the month of Ashley

Today is February 1st. We all know that means.....Ashley's birthday is just a mere 14 days away. It should be known as the MONTH OF ASHLEY instead of February. I love my birthday. I always have loved it. Ask anyone from my childhood. In fact, a couple of years ago my dad ran into this kid (darren svee) from elementary school. He now goes by the name of "Rat" or something like that. Anywho, he asked about me and told my dad that he remembered my birthday was on Valentines day. Ok, he did ask about me but not my birthday. However, whenever I Rat in high school he would want to reminese about how my birthday was the same day as ole St. Valentine.

Not so you think I am too shallow, I want you to know it not about the attention. It's not about the gifts, it's just about the DAY. The whole day. I love getting phone calls (which I like to go to voicemail so I can listen to the birthday wishes when I can plus I don't like to spend the day on the phone), I love the celebrations and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that is on Valentines Day. A whole day devoted to PINK and PURPLE. Oh, red too but it a small amount when you compare.

In honor of the MONTH OF ASHLEY I am going to post everyday a little favorite--until the 14th. It will be something about me, a favorite thing of mine, a favorite wish, ect.... So it's not ALL ABOUT ME I encourage you to do the same. Post your favorites everyday until the 14th. OR not but check mine out!

*PS. I just sat down to work on my list and it started getting to heavy. So for this purpose I will be listed mostly shallow things. Let's just assume that my favorites are my family, the gospel, my friends, ect....Bring on the lipstick, purses, and hair products.

6 comments:

{natalie} said...

i am excited to see this! i already started working on getting your gift ready for mailing. yeehaw!

brittany said...

oh I am so excited for a month of ashley! this is going to be so fun.

chickadee3357 said...

Fun Fun Fun!!! I think I will join you and post everyday with things I like!

jody said...

Oh Ashley month! You were due to arrive I think on the 17th. But what a wonderful Valentines gift, a baby girl and one with red hair. You are my Valentine and my favorite thing about Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

I too love my birthday! I can't wait to read all of the things you love.

Anonymous said...

Rat's name is Pooky. Lots of circus tattoos, but quite nice. All of the local strippers love him.