Thursday, February 21, 2008

A new collection

I saw this movie, definitely, maybe, tonight with friends. It was a good movie. Simple and enjoyable. 

One of the characters has a collection of Jane Eyre novels. She has the same book just different copies, prints or versions. I LOVE THIS IDEA.  Not that I want to collect a Jane Eyre, me no likey. But I love collections and more importantly I love the idea of collecting something that is the SAME but different in how you have it, over and over. 

Later in the movie, another girl loves a certain song. Her boyfriend buys her tons of CD's all by different artists but they all cover that song.

Get it?

So I have been thinking, what can I collect? At first I was thinking, Diet Coke. Cans from different counties, different areas and different containers. HOWEVER, I would not like the space that the cans/bottles would take up and I would drink the soda. So.....

I am thinking.....

6 comments:

brittany said...

i think it is so fun that you always go see movies with friends. i have been wanting to see this one. i love the collection idea, i am excited to hear what you come up with!

Anonymous said...

I am confused.... Are you talking about collecting urine from the different diet cokes? Sick

jody said...

hmmmm, I'm thinking and will come up with idea some day

{natalie} said...

i love the collection idea. maybe prints of the same location, watercolors, photos, paintings, etc.

Anonymous said...

i have been thinking of this post all weekend. my aunt had a collection of elephants. porcelian, glass, ceramic, etc. how about eiffel towers? though that would take up space as well. but if you could find w/diff ones like glass or different medias it could be cool. i will continue thinking.

Mom of Four said...

collect play station games, then invite us over more. see?