Friday, June 23, 2006

Ah, the Book

"Right about Lauryn. She was scrawny, always cold, had very hairy arms and a nasty brown cardigan, nearly as hairy as her arms, which she wore in the office, always dragging and wrapping it about her undernourished body in an attempt to get warm. She burned with a manic intensity and had very poppy eyes, like a Latter-day Saint...."

I love this paragraph from Marian Keynes new book, "Anybody Out There?". I love love the description of the main chacters boss, Lauryn. I know people that are always cold and sometimes I want to shout, "GAIN SOME WEIGHT" and you will be warmer, like me. ALSO I LOVE the "poppy eyes, like a Latter-day Saint". Rich and I discussed what the meant for a long time. Pioneer? Intense person? Bug eye Mormon?

I love to read!

2 comments:

{natalie} said...

well i have been told i have poppy eyes, or wait maybe it was poopy! hmm. yeah you can definately tell a mormon by their eyes!!

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that one before. I'll have to see if it's true the next time I go to church. What exactly are "poppy eyes"?