Friday, December 04, 2009

Day 4

One of the books I liked the least this year, I Love You, Beth Cooper. It was an awful book. Terrible. It was a book that tricked you. It wasn't bad to start, even enjoyable. Very in the vain of Pretty in Pink or that movie that Jennifer Love Hewitt plays the girl that seems popular only she is lonely. Then the book goes down hill. Quickly. Then I had to stop. I could not handle one more page. Blah.
One of the best books I read this year, The Other Boleyn Girl. I have had friends recommend this book to me in the past but I had too many reservations about reading a Historical novel. In general, I don't care for them. But this novel isn't so much a historical novel as much as it's a love story. And I am sucker for those..... I have passed the novel on to Natalie and Rich's Grandma, who gave it his Aunt. I love the passing of this book even more. Good Job 2009 helping me branch into a different genera.

3 comments:

{natalie} said...

i love historical fiction. thanks for sharing that book with me.

jody said...

I too love Historical fiction and then add a love story, it is on my list.

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

I need to add that to the list. As far as I love you Beth cooper, I couldn't make it through the first 10 minutes of the movie. It was that bad.