Thursday, August 31, 2006

Books

This past year I decided to keep a book journal. I wrote down each book that I read (I did leave out a few that sucked so bad I couldn't finish. I have a new rule that I don't have to finish all books I start) wrote a little review/thoughts about the book and I gave the book a grade. I started Aug 25 2005. I read 54 books this year. Some months I read lots (spent a week in Mexico) and some hardly at all (this month I read 1 book). It has been a great record of my year. The books reflected what was going on in my life or my mood at the time. I will continue to do this and would encourage "bookies" to do the same!!!

6 comments:

{natalie} said...

what a good idea. i have been meaning to do the same, i guess i should start.

*ethan* said...

hey i don't really need a book journal because i can name all 6 books that i read the last 3 harry potters and the first three vince flynns with mitch in them so 2-5....... so we almost read the same amount

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

What a cool idea. Now you need to post the books you recommend reading.

{natalie} said...

hey ash...i just started the book journal today. i love the idea b/c i never can remember what i've read. thanks for the suggestion. i wish i had time for 54 books :)

jody said...

It is a great idea but I am so anal that I have to finish all books that I start and some are a real waist of time. You should put your suggestion on the book group page or better yet send it out to everyone.

jody said...

I wished that I had kept track of which authors I like. Some famous names really stink, but I forget and buy another book.