Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Weird dinner

It was a babygroup girls night out tonight and I decided that I could use the distraction from my "mom leaving blues". So I went to sushi. I ended up not knowing the other girls very well (I thought a few of my for sure friends would have been there but...) The dinner was a little weird and awkward getting to know each other but then I realized that there were no forks. ANYWHERE!!! Already I was the dork at the table who ordered chicken but I couldn't be a geek and ask for a fork. So I taught myself to eat with chopstick (which I have tried before and SUCKED). I did it. I faked the chopstick usage. I even ate rice!!! Yeah

4 comments:

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

Way to go. You needed those chopstick holders from Pick Up Stix :).

{natalie} said...

i would have ordered chicken too. sushi is smelly. way to go on chopsticks...it's about time you learned how to use them!!

jody said...

Sushi? I am surprised that didn't make you even sicker. But way to go for going to the get together.

jody said...

Most sushi places give you fish hooks instead of forks.