Friday, July 20, 2007

NERD alert

I am a book nerd. HUGE nerd. However, I have never read a Harry Potter book. I have seen the movies. I even have a signed (by the illustrator) copy of the first book. And yet, I have never cracked open the wizard books.

Why?

Who knows?

I don't enjoy books that have a lot of hype and then when I read them my expectations are SO HIGH that the book falls FLAT!!! This has happened with Divinci Code, The Road (sucked really bad) and a few others.

So, tomorrow book nerds all over will be uniting to get the next The magical HP (is that correct slang?) book.

However, I will not be one of them.

4 comments:

*ethan* said...

i have read them, but i'm not waiting in line for the book i'll read it in a year or so when no one gives a shat about it! so with that being said no one is aloud to talk about the gang (that's what i call my magical friend harry, ron and hermonie) for the next year or when ever i get around to reading it!

*ethan* said...

ps.
you should read them, not to bad!

jody said...

Dad the book nerd is reading HP as I write. Not me i got throught the first 2 and said enough...now on to bigger and better...vampire love;)))

{natalie} said...

ha. i brought home Harry for Ethan. I have only read #3 (listened to 1 + 2 on the drive to MT) so I"m far behind getting to #7.

Ethan on the otherhand is reading NOW and keeps shushing me.