Friday, November 02, 2007

A phone call

My phone rang today:

D: This is Drew. May I speak to Crewe?

C: Hello Cousin Drew.

D: Do you want to come to my house to play? I got Hotwheels. I have a blue one, an orange one.....

C:YEAH! (to me) I want to go there.

Me: They live far away.

C: Sorry, I can't come over. You live in another state. But next time we go to the airport.....

D: Ok, bye.

Drew,
We would be there if we could. We only have $24.11 in our account. I don't think this is enough to get us there. Shoot. Thanks for calling. It made my day.

I love you, Aunt Ashley.

5 comments:

brittany said...

That is so cute! I love that they call each other. I need to be better about letting Lily call her cousins.

jody said...

That is so cute. Keep saving and make that trip to see the cousins

{natalie} said...

i don't think 24 bucks is going to get you there. but i wish it would. i want you to come visit too. call me back!

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

Drew LOVED talking to Crewe! After he got off the phone he said, "Crewe's coming to my house and he likes hotwheels!" I told him that Crewe lives in California and it's far away. His reply, "Oh, no. Can we go there?" We need to plan a trip down. Those two would have so much fun together!!!!

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

Why is Crewe not coming to my house for so long? Is he at church?
Love,
Drew