Thursday, July 13, 2006

Book signing


Last night I went into the city for an author's signing. I met Emily Giffin, author of my favorite book, "Something Borrowed". It is the best chic lit book I have ever read. She was there to promote her new book, "Baby Proof." She spoke for 45 min about how she came up with the story line for "Baby Proof", her thoughts, her process. She included a small reading from the book and then took open questions. It was really cool. She was smart, witty and very kind. If she felt like she had more to say when someone asked a question she would add, "email me and I will talk to you more about it." She was a total smart ass that made references to People magazine and "Friends." I think she was speaking to my soul!!!!!
READ HER BOOKS!!!

3 comments:

jody said...

I know you were having the worst day of your life so I am glad that you were able to find some joy in the book review. I think it would be fun to go meet and hear an author that I really liked the books. I enjoyed these 2 books also even though I am the MOM. Love you tons darlin!!

{natalie} said...

hey ash...i'm jealous that i wasn't there w/you yesterday. i am just starting Baby Proof. I just got it at the library on Wed. Talk to you soon, love nat

Natali, Aaron, & Boys said...

Ash, after I finish The Rule of Four I am going to check these two out. You always have the best recommendations! You're the greatest!!!!