Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy Father's Day, Pop!


My dad is great. He is amazing and better than your dad.

I have been having issues sleeping this week so in the wee hours of the morning I have been composing this post. I figured my gift (while purchased and in my car) may not make it to MT in time so this post will be a little early.


Things I have learned from my Dad:

1. When ordering a blizzard from "DQ" always get a butterfinger blizzard with extra fingers.

2. Breakfast menus. When I had sleepovers as a child he would make us menus that listed all of our choices for breakfast. You would then check the boxes next to your choice. "I will have a maple bar with a side of juice, Please".

3. When reading late into the night always wear fancy headphones so you can sing loudly without anyone having to hear the music.

4. How to wash a car.

5. Always be generous. Always.

6. "If you need more food, we can always order more."

7. It is TOTALLY normal to sleep with a fire extinguisher.

8. It wouldn't be a car ride if there wasn't music playing.

9. Hard work will get your everywhere. Hopefully on more vacations.

10. When cheating during a game, it always more fun to get caught. And that also means that it time to pay more attention to the Dad.

I love you Dad! Happy Father's Day!

5 comments:

{natalie} said...

yes, your Dad is fabulous. I'll never forget before Ethan and I were married and your Dad and I went for a ride in the Porsche and he quizzed me. One question was, "Did you ever feel his thigh to check if he was wearing garments???"

Oh and then he told Ethan all his secrets the day before the wedding.

I love you Dane.

jody said...

Oh Ash, that is so sweet. You are the best daughter and Dad loves you tons. The Dad is the life of the party and we all love him. So glad he taught you so many good things;))))

brittany said...

Your dad sounds great, and what a great daughter you are!

jody said...

ASH, very touching. I will take you to El Burrito when I see you. Love dad

*ethan* said...

he's not better then my dad!